A just world in which there is respect for human dignity and cultural diversity.
WHO WE ARE
ELSA Groningen is a non-political and non-profit law students' association founded in 2013. We form part of the grand network of ELSA (European Law Students' Association), the largest one of its kind with 50.000 members across 375 law faculties. Furthermore, we serve as the seventh of eight Dutch local groups overseen by ELSA the Netherlands, our national group with over 2.200 members. After becoming observers within ELSA the Netherlands in 2014, we officially gained full membership at the Third National Council Meeting (NCM III) in May 2016.
ELSA Groningen is operated by an executive board in collaboration with several committees. We strive to support motivated law students as they integrate into our faculty and the city, as well as throughout their professional development into future lawyers. With over 300 members each year, we constantly achieve doing so. Here is how:
- Attend guest lectures and academic workshops
- Check out our affordable and high-quality study notes
- Check out our insightful tutoring program
- Partake in the ELSA Summer School
Ace Your Academics
- Become an Active Member in the Board or in the committee of your choice
- Gain professional experience in the corresponding area(s)
- Meet other professionals throughout your academic experience
Boost Your Career
- Go on trips to renowned legal and political institutions
- Represent ELSA during our delegations at the United Nations or the Council of Europe
Explore the World
- Befriend fellow law students
- Meet your professors
- Familiarize with formal and informal settings
- Seek assistance from our new Support Team
- Benefit from ELSA member-exclusive discounts!